As part of our 10-Day Cleaning Challenge, we are featuring loads of ways to clean and maintain your home using essential oils and healthier alternatives. Be sure to check out all the great resources we are featuring from April 4 through April 13 and follow the Do More With Oils Facebook page for updates!
Finished leather products need special care to maintain their smooth and clean surface. Care for your leather items on a regular basis with this easy cleaner.
Ingredients for Cleaner
- ½ cup warm water
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- 10 drops Eucalyptus oil
Instructions for Cleaner
- Before you begin, wipe the surface off with a slightly dampened cloth to remove surface dirt.
- Combine water, vinegar, and Eucalyptus in a four ounce glass spray bottle.
- Shake well and lightly spritz the surface of the leather. Using a soft cloth, like an old cotton t-shirt cut into squares, wipe off your shoes. Let dry.
Once your leather is clean, you can follow this cleaner with our easy Leather Polish for a finished shine. As always, before using the cleaner or polish, test them on a small patch of material to ensure that it does not damage your shoes. Do not use on suede or unfinished leather.
Tips: Other great oils to use here include Lavender or Cedarwood.
Did you know that coconut oil works as an excellent leather polish? Clean up imperfections in your leather shoes, purse, or other items with this three ingredient solution containing the cleansing power of Eucalyptus oil.
Ingredients for Polish
¼ cup Fractionated Coconut Oil
¼ cup vinegar
5–10 drops Eucalyptus oil
Instructions for Polish
- Combine all ingredients into a small glass dish and mix thoroughly.
- To use, dip a toothbrush or other cleansing tool into mixture and rub over leather surface to clean and condition.
- Wipe clean with a microfiber cloth and let any extra moisture dry before use.