As part of our 10-Day Cleaning Challenge, we are featuring loads of ways to clean and maintain your home using essential oils and healthier alternatives. Be sure to check out all the great resources we are featuring from April 4 through April 13 and follow the Do More With Oils Facebook page for updates!
Cleaning your home with essential oils is a great way to reduce toxins and leave a freshened aroma. When it comes to personal care, there are many great ways to incorporate essential oils as well. So what about cleaning and protecting your hair?
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops Lavender essential oil
- Bring the water to boil in a large pot and remove from heat.
- Cool and then add vinegar and Lavender and Rosemary essential oils.
- Pour into a glass jar, seal, and shake. Let sit for at least 2 hours (Leaving it overnight is also recommended). Strain.
- When ready to use, pour a little over your hair and massage into your scalp. Rinse with cool water.